Telegael can call on an experienced and talented pool of script writers and script editors for fast-paced live-action and animated series and features. As well as documentary and drama projects.
Script Submission Policy and Release Form
Telegael Teoranta (Telegael) would like to thank you (the “Owner”) for your interest in submitting a script, treatment, literary or artistic material (the “Material”). We invite you to review our submission policy and procedures below. Before submitting Material please carefully read the terms and conditions and accompanying release form. Please be aware that Telegael will only accept and consider Material if the Owner(s) sign and agree to the policy outlined below. All Material must be marked with clear copyright ownership prior to submission.
- Submission of Material
Your submission will only be considered at your request, accompanied by a fully signed and executed release form, with your guarantee that you (and your co-writers/owners, if applicable) are the sole originator(s) of the Material and you have the legal right to submit it to Telegael for consideration.
You authorise Telegael to discuss the Material with its employees and collaborators to evaluate its overall production potential. By submitting the Material you acknowledge and agree that any consideration, review and/or discussion of your submission does not create a binding and confidential relationship.
Acceptance, review and/or discussion of the Material does not imply that Telegael agrees to compensate you in any way.
- Independent Creations
Telegael may already be exploring films, television series, ideas and concepts independently generated by employees or other outside sources that resemble and/or are similar to the Material. Therefore you agree to renounce any claim that Telegael misappropriated any ideas and/or concepts whether in whole or in part from the Material in any future Telegael productions.
In submitting the Material you guarantee that you are at least 18 years of age and hereby agree that the above mentioned conditions may not be amended or varied except in writing and must be signed by an officer of Telegael.
Co-Owners/Authors must sign separate release forms.
Script/Treatment Release Form
I (the owner) am submitting to you (the Company) the enclosed script/treatment (the “Material”) entitled _____________________________
an original script/treatment. I understand that you have adopted the policy of refusing to accept, consider or evaluate material unless the person making the submission has signed this release form. I specifically acknowledge that you would refuse to accept, consider, review or otherwise evaluate my Material in the absence of my acceptance of each and every one of the terms and conditions of this release form. Therefore as an inducement to you to accept and consider the Material, and in consideration of so doing, as well as the mutual covenants herein contained, I hereby confirm and agree that the Material is submitted to you in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
- I acknowledge that because of your position in the entertainment industry you receive numerous submissions of scripts, treatments, literary and artistic material of ideas, formats, stories and suggestions and that many such submissions heretofore or hereafter received by you are similar to or identical to those developed by you or your employees or otherwise made available to you. I agree that I will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use by you of any such similar idea or material.
- I retain all rights to submit the Material or similar material to persons other than you.
- I acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between you and me and I further acknowledge that no such relationships are established between you and me by reason of this release form or by reason of my submission to you of the Material.
- I acknowledge that you are under no obligation to use the Material in any manner. I further acknowledge that at this time you have no intent to compensate me in any way and I have no expectation of receiving any compensation. You agree, however, that except as provided in clause 8 of this release form, you will not use the Material unless you and I shall agree upon such, provided always, that as per clause 1 above I understand and agree that your use of material containing elements similar to or identical with protectable literary property contained in my Material shall not obligate you to me in any manner if you shall have obtained such material either heretofore or hereafter from sources other than from me.
- I represent and warrant that I am over 18 years of age and the sole owner of the Material having written or acquired ownership of the Material, that I am the present and sole owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Material, that I have the exclusive, unconditional right and authority to submit and/or convey the Material to you upon the terms and conditions set forth in this release and that no third party is entitled to any payment or other consideration as a condition of the exploitation of the Material. In the event the Material is co-owned, all co-owners/authors have submitted their own signed copy of this release form comprising 100% ownership of the Material. If the Material is submitted by more than one person, the word “I” shall be deemed changed to “we”, and this release will be binding jointly and severally upon all the persons so submitting the Material.
- I agree to indemnify you from and against any and all claims, expenses, losses or liabilities (including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees) that may be claimed against you or incurred by you at any time in connection with the Material, or any use thereof, including without limitation those arising from any breach of the warranties and representations given by me herein.
- If my Material or any elements of my Material are not new, unique, concrete or novel and/or are in the public domain and/or are not original with me, then I agree that you have the right to use such elements without any obligation to me whatsoever.
- I further acknowledge that the presentation of the Material by you will expose the Material to others and hereby specifically release you from any and all liability, direct or indirect, resulting from the improper use by any other persons or entitles of any similar ideas, formats, stories, suggestions and the like relating to the Material.
- I have retained at least one copy of the Material and agree that you shall not be obligated to return the Material to me, and I release you from any and all liability for if the Material is lost, misplaced, stolen or destroyed.
- I understand that whenever the word “you” or “your” is used in this release form, it refers to (1) you, (2) any company affiliated with you by way of common share ownership or otherwise, (3) your subsidiaries, (4) subsidiaries of such affiliated companies and (5) the officers, agents, employees, shareholders, clients, partners, co-producers, successors and assigns of you and of all such persons and corporations.
- If I should bring any action against you for wrongful appropriation of the Material or any features or elements thereof or any breach of any alleged agreement to use or compensate me for the use of the Material or any features or elements thereof, or any claim based, in whole or in part, on the submission of the Material or any other matters or events relating to or based in whole or part on the submission of the Material, such action shall be limited to an action at law for damages and that I shall in no event be entitled to an injunction or any other equitable relief. I further agree that as a condition precedent to any such action, I will give you prior written notice thereof specifying in complete detail the grounds on which I will base such action.
- This release form shall be construed under the law and jurisdiction of the Irish courts. This release form supersedes any and all prior and contemporaneous agreements between the parties and any change hereto shall not be effective unless made in writing and signed by both parties.
I hereby confirm that I have read and fully understand this release form and the terms and conditions of your script submission policy pertaining thereto, that there are no prior or contemporaneous oral agreements in effect between us pertaining to the Material and that this release form states our entire understanding.
Accepted and Agreed to by the Owner
Print Name: ____________________________